Monday 21 June 2010

PUNCHART BLOG HOP - 23rd June
.
Welcome to my 2nd 'Blog Hop' in just a few weeks and a very big hello to our friends in the USA and beyond. Unfortunately, here in the UK, we still do not have the range of punches that you have in the USA. I am eagerly awaiting our next catalogue on 1st October and hope they give us a few more.
.
In the meantime, we still have fun playing with what we do have. I am regularly amazed on my surfing trips at the inspiration I get from the many Punchart creations.
.
One of my regular customers, Vicky from Harringworth, has no internet access so I promised to share her recent Punchart here on my blog.
.
. .
Unfortunatley, time has run away with me since volunteering for this blog a few days ago. Today I will now be sharing with you a couple of floral inspirations .......
.
Each day I receive inspiration from life around me and whilst driving home from a workshop with my friend, we passed this gorgeous field of poppies. Now for some time I have had an idea to experiment with punches to create these wonderful flowers.










.
POPPIES
.
  1. Here I have used Stampin' Ups! Butterfly punch and to make 3 butterflies in vellum card stock.
  2. I used Ruby Red ink and sponge with circular motion to colour vellum. Allow to dry.
  3. Punch 1/16" hole in centre of each butterfly and set aside.
  4. Don't laugh, but this was the easiest way to do the next bit ......Take clear crystal brad and attach to top of pointed lid of Crystal Effect bottle !! Gently squeeze Crystal Effect round rim of brad and then fill centre.
  5. Gently 'dip' brad into Stampin' Glitter Galaxy - Black to completely cover. Leave to dry completely.
  6. In the meantime, take a 10 x 10cm Ruby Red base card and mat 9.5 x 9.5cm layer of black.
  7. Take 9.1 x 9.1cm square of Ruby Red card stock and stamp flower stems from Garden Dream in Black ink. Sponge edges if you wish.
  8. When Brad is dry, remove from lid and use to assemble 3 layers of vellum poppy petals together, finally going through red card. Mat onto prepared base card.
    .
    DAISIES
..
This photo was inspired by the punch 'Boho Blossoms' as I knew there would be many kinds of flowers to create from the 3 small images.
.
Daisies
  1. Start by punching 2 of the largest Boho Blossom shapes from white card.
  2. Snip alternate petals, not quite to the centre.
  3. Snip the ones in between but not quite so far in.
  4. Punch 1/16" hole punch in centre of each one.
  5. Sponge pinky colour of your choice round edge of petals (take a close look at daisies !)
  6. Lay on a piece of kitchen paper and spritz gently to allow to shape slightly.
  7. Dab off any excess moisture - shouldn't be enough to make ink run.
  8. Place small piece of Snail tape runner in centre of one flower and stick together, slightly off centre so that petals alternate and with centre holes matching. Put yellow coloured brad from through centre (here I used Apricot Appeal but you could use So Saffron.
  9. Take piece of white card 9.1 x 9.1cm. Stamp with stems of your choice from Pocket Silhouettes and Autumn Days, random stamping between Always Artichoke and Old Olive.
  10. Pierce holes where you wish daisies to be on finished card and stick brad through to fasten.
  11. Take 10x10cm Always Artichoke base card and attach 9.5 x 9.5cm Old Olive card stock.
  12. Mat white stamped card with daisies and brads on to base card.
  13. Stamp greeting in Always Artichoke Ink.
  14. Put a mask of copy papier round brad and stipple with Black Staz On ink to give dimension to centre of daisy. (I used rough side of bath sponge).










..
I do hope you have enjoyed my contribution. Although we do not have the full range of punches that the USA & Canada have, I'm sure you will enjoy being 'wowed' at the rest of the blog hop.
.
Please continue on your way and enjoy the sites below.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks again for 'hopping' by and hope to see you again sometime.
.
Happy Punchin' !
.
Sandra

3 comments:

  1. I think your friends puppies are adorable, and love your flower cards. I don't have alot of punches either and try to make use of all of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are very nice!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice...love the dogs and the flowers!

    Cynthia
    Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

    ReplyDelete