Monday 11 August 2014

FOOTIE CARD


Evening crafters !

Back from my Christmas Club group ths evening and finally grabbed some time finishing off blog posts in my draft folder. 

Last week I had two last minute requests for cards to be made that evening and taken into work the next day. 

I've seen this style of football card made using cut outs from the Hexagon framelits die, so thought something similar using the Hexagon punch #130919 would fit the bill perfectly.

I punched six hexagons from the white layer and attached to Basic Black base card.  Edges of each Hexagon were sponged with co-ordinating Garden Green ink pad and arranged on a scrap of Basic Black card. The Circle Framelit set #130911 then made quick work of cutting the 'football' through my Big Shot Die-Cutting machine.  

The sentiment is a stamp set from the new Annual Catalogue launched last month And Many More #134273 (W) #134276 (C) and was stamped in Basic Black ink with the ends being punched with corner of the hexagon punch, as it was already out on my desk !

The background for the 'grass' was made using a retired Square Lattice Embossing folder.  As the folder wasn't big enough for my 6" square card, I turned layer round and popped it through again, using a narrow strip of black card to make a faux ribbon and cover join. 



Despite the short notice, she loved the card and has also now placed an order for several boxes for Christmas gifts. I was so disappointed that new DSP coming in the new Autumn/Winter catalogue wasn't in stock for our Demostrator pre-order.  Never mind, I'm ready to get cracking when they arrive. 

Pop back soon to take a peek at the other card she ordered. 

Happy craftin'
Sandra 
Email : 
Contact me on :  07806 616704

No comments:

Post a Comment