Friday 26 December 2014

DENIM OWL STOCKING

Evening crafters
 
This afternoon I managed to snatch some long overdue crafting time while David and Auntie Ellen were watching TV.  
 
I had been sharing with Julie how guilty I felt being so (understandably) behind with my festive plans this year and how different next year would be, starting early, booking in with my half cousin to make FIVE quilted stockings in January.  I've now managed to achieve another NEW craftmaking project to knock off my 2015 monthly challenge list, ahead of the game :-)
 
Julie was interested in an appliqué style one so for her birthday, I made one using our Stampin' Up! Owl Builder Punch as a template, enlarging as necessary.

The cotton liner and appliqué owl were made from Stampin' Up! fabrics that retired several years ago.  I still have quite a stash which need to be used up. 


Here is a close up of the appliqué owl.  For the eyes, I only cut the largest size in fabric. The middle and smallest I see buttons from my stash which I think worked really well stacked on top of each other.
 
For my first prototype, I was really pleased with how it turnedout and really enjoyed making it. Julie was really pleased and couldn't believe I had made one so quickly :-) 

Happy craftin'
Sandra
Contact me on : 07806 616704
For all your Stampin' Up! requirements and Special Offers, please visit : MY ONLINE SHOP http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sandraroberts


No comments:

Post a Comment