Wednesday 21 May 2014

'Blown ink' Tutorial


Morning crafters !

Today I'm back to share how we made the cards I posted yesterday. 



Firstly, protect your work surface - I used a piece of A3 Grid Paper from Stampin' Up!  and also have wet wipes and piece of kitchen roll easily to hand. 


Choose 3 different ink refills. I've used So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant and Bermuda Bay.  

Place a couple of drops onto your card. Using a drinking straw, gently blow the ink around the card, directing it where you would 'prefer' it to go, but remember, it might just have a mind of it's own !!  If the straws are very narrow, try using two side by side.  Don't blow too hard or you will splatter surrounding area !!  The ink will make some lovely patterns and even make a new colour when they merge together. 


My cards had a side panel (ish) and then along the base of the insert, leaving enough room to add your message. 


Here us another colour combination, swapping Calypso Coral instead of So Saffron. 

I let my monthly card club have a go at this one Monday evening for a bit of messy fun :-). We had a couple of asthma inhalers out but everyone had some fun with it. Remember, please don't blow too hard.

Look at the state of my hands, although I must say most of this was from the top of the re-inker bottle.   My nails were not covered in Elegant Eggplant although color was very similar.  That is my Orly Gel polish called Velvet Rope - a very good likeness and has a bit of bling in it that reminds me of our Dazzling Diamonds very fine glitter :-). Oohh, might just have to have a play with that sometime. 


Hope you will have fun playing with your own inks .... anything goes and no two pieces of artwork will ever be the same !!

Happy craftin'
Sandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment