Monday 21 November 2011

Convention Swap & Tutorial

Last year, Stampin' Up! announced their European Convention 2011 would be held at EuroDisney Paris. Here is my swap that I repeated 300 times !!!!! Yes, 300 swaps as I like to swap with as many people as possible to share many, many ideas. I have a lovely big box of swaps to share with customers and give me inspiration for my creations.




Several people asked me how this was made so here are a few pictures showing you step by step, so here is a very simple tutorial to show how it was created.


Firstly, ink up the fir cone from Autumn Days stamp set using Basic Black ink.


There is no need to draw a circle, post-it, mask or anything. My card here was 9cm square. Simply line up the edge of the wooden stamp with the edge of the card, and, with the stalks pointing inwards, stamp in the centre of the bottom of card.


Turn card and repeat at North, South, East and West positions.


Now stamp across the corner - I did mine freehand but if you prefer, use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Don't be afraid of it - with a bit of practice, it'll be much quicker without ... trust me, 300 swaps, each one stamped 8 times, I was not going to use the SAMJ !!!! LOL


.... and this is the finished wreath shape. See how it makes a circle without the need for a guide !!

Next I used the berries and just dipped the tip onto the ink pad and stamped the tip randomly round the edge.



Finally punch stamp and punch out greeting using a range of Stampin' Up! circle punches as you prefer. Here I used Cherry Cobbler to bring in the colour of the berries.


A huge thanks to Emily for helping me assemble all the component pieces on the train from Downham Market to London and then on Eurostar to Paris. It was a good way to pass the journey. October and November were such busy months for me but I intend having started much earlier in the year for 2012 Convention.


Well, I hope you like this mini tutorial and enjoy creating yourself. For your Stampin' Up! supplies please contact me.


Regards till next time.


Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment