Sunday 11 July 2010

LAVENDER TIME

Hi crafters !!
.
My doesn't time fly. Don't know about you, but I find it so hard to craft in this heat. Apart from preparing for regular workshops & holding classes, it's difficult to find energy to craft after a days work.
.
Still, since my last post I have had another two wonderful workshops, firstly repeating my Black & White full day workshop that has been so popular, this time in Norwich with Angie, and also my Shaped Cards Workshop for the regular Bury St Edmunds group.
.
The feedback from our Norwich ladies was wonderful and thank you for taking the time to give us us your thoughts but ......quarterly is not enough was a common reply !!!! We are currently seeing what we can do but in the meantime the extra day that was confirmed was Saturday 27th November.
.
Here is one of the inspirations from yesterday .....
.
At this time of year the lavender bushes are in abundance, full of bright lilac flowers and I immediately thought of one particular bloom from Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouette stamp set #111672.












.
.
.
Changing a standard 10cm square card that I have previously made, here we used Nestabilities to make the outer shape and hinge the top of the card. The sweet little butterflies are from the Oval All Stamp set #113790, just inking up the small butterfly on its own with Stampin Write Marker pens and stamping randomly through the lavender. The oval style was Julie's adaptation - I love the differences in shape but with the same style of stamping.
.
Catch up again soon.
.
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. These are so sweet. I've finally caved and ordered the Pocket Silhouettes as I've seen so many beautiful cards made with them. I just hope that they stay in the new catty.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete