Monday 24 May 2010

INSPIRATIONS .........

I have lots of people talk to me amazed at how I appear to live and breath my card-making hobby. There is no shame in the fact I love my hobby and therefore my enthusiasm no doubt shows as workshops are enjoyed by my many customers !!
.
When I'm not out crafting somewhere anyway, if the football or motorbike racing goes on the TV, I adjourn upstairs to my craft room. This suits David as he can't stand the soaps so I have Emmerdale & Corrie recorded on series link so I catch up while I am crafting and never miss an episode.
.
I do find myself constantly inspired by life around me. My notepad and camera are nearly always in my handbag for me to capture colour themes, styles, ideas that jump into my head whilst driving - and yes, I have even pulled over to jot something down. Even with no notebook, I frantically search for an envelope or something to write on, the front, the back and even the inside when I run out of space !!!!
.
I have been known to photograph pictures on a hotel corridor walls for colour inspiration (brother-in-law's 50th birthday), part of bed-spread design in a hotel (staying over after a Christmas 'do'), bathroom tiles in the hotel (whilst at SU Convention in Germany), a tissue box in a hotel room (whilst on a course 2 weeks ago), displays in shop windows..........
.
The latest additions were whilst queuing in Tesco Express to pay for milk and biscuits for last Saturdays workshop !!! The queue was down the crisp isle and I was facing the checkout where there 'Bags for Life' were hanging - both of which had ideas buzzing round in my head so just had to buy. They are now photographed into my inspiration folder on computer to work on later (the crisp contents have all gone of course).
.
The only trouble is, I have far more sketches and ideas than I have time to make !! I envy my retired friends and customers who can craft 24-hours a day but my Uncle E.R.N.I.E. has not been generous enough to pay off the mortgage yet so I continue to have to work for a number of years (not that I'm wishing my life away, you understand). If only I had been card-making whilst on 6-months gardening leave from Barclays in 2004 ...... ooohhh. At least my recent change in job has restored the work-life balance 100%, enabling me to get a bit more crafting / workshop planning time each day.
.
.
Anyway, here is one of my inspirations.

Keep popping by for other little gems that will appear from time to time.
.
:-)

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't seen it as in my email but love what you did, glad I am not the only one who sees a card in everyday life around us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but just wish I had more time to process everything in my head and camera !!

    ReplyDelete